4. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Website are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. ASLA is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact ASLA immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
5. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Website by other users or with ASLA’s operation and management of the Website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Website, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an ASLA registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, ASLA reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Website, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including ASLA, through your use of the Website.
6. User-Generated Content. ASLA does not claim ownership of content that you post on or through the Website, such as comments or posts that you submit on forums, blogs, or other websites (“User-Generated Content”). When submitting User-Generated Content, you will abide by any applicable code of conduct. You also acknowledge that you alone are fully responsible for the User-Generated Content you submit and that you own or have the rights to use the User-Generated Content. You agree that by submitting the User-Generated Content, you hereby grant to ASLA a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, download, duplicate, display, distribute, modify and creative derivative works of the User-Generated Content, subject to any applicable privacy policies.
7. Proprietary Rights. The content of the Website includes, without limitation, (i) ASLA’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively "ASLA Marks"); (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Website. The Website content is the property of ASLA, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Website content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from ASLA or the owner of such content if ASLA is not the owner. Any use of the ASLA Marks without ASLA’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Website content, including any such notices appearing on any Website content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Website.
8. Responsibility for Use of Website. Use of the Internet and the Website is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. ASLA does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Website over the Internet or other communication network. ASLA shall not be obligated to correct or update the Website, its content or the User-Generated Content and ASLA shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Website.
9. Third Party Information. The Website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, User-Generated Content or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Website are those of the respective third party and not of ASLA or its affiliates. ASLA makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
10. Advertisers. The Website may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the Website does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by ASLA. ASLA shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Website. Further, ASLA shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the Website. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
11. Links to Third Party Websites. The Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which ASLA exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by ASLA or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
12. Links to Website. Links posted by third parties to the Website may not use the ASLA trademark or logo and shall not suggest that ASLA promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. ASLA reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates ASLA’s or causes interruption or deterioration of its content.
13. WARRANTIES DISCLAIMED. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER ASLA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY "ASLA PARTIES") PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT: (i) THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE ASLA PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING: (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE WEBSITE; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE WEBSITE ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND ASLA’s CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE WEBSITE; (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITE; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT.
15. EXCLUSIONS PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 13 AND 14 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND ASLA’s LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia or any District of Columbia court located in Washington, D.C.
23. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.